Monday, December 3, 2007

Christmas Preparations @ Home






Starting to prepare the house for Christmas over the last weekend in November/first weekend in December is a tradition in my family but thinking about my theme and the colours I am using starts well before this. Each year I like to buy 5-10 new Christmas decorations to add to my collection which I started when my husband and I spent our first Christmas together in our first house (and yes this was when I had just moved out of home). Every year when we pull down the large basket of decorations we have collected it is like bringing down a box full of memories. The first one I always look for is the decoration which was given to our son Harry for his first Christmas and now that he is 5 he too searches madly for it along with his other special decorations. We have all sorts of memorable decorations which I always re-ribbon every Christmas to match the theme/colour palette I have selected for that year. It takes me at least 2 days to decorate my tree and Christmas wreath but it is worth all the effort it in the end. This year I have chosen a red/white/green/black colour palette. I am still waiting for my wrapping paper to arrive and some beautiful black/white French ribbon which should be here any day now but I thought I would show you a few sneak peak pictures above of how it is all shaping up so far. This year we have a green tree which is a first as I usually have a white tree but for some reason this house suits a traditional green tree. I'll post more pictures once I am finished in the next couple of days.

No comments:

Post a Comment