Monday, June 18, 2012

My Treasure


When you look at this picture you see lots of stuff.  When I look at this picture I see special things which hold memories from places I have been and experiences I have had. 

For example, the Antique silver photo frames I bought at the Notting Hill markets in London a few years ago.  They house special photos of my Harry when he was little.  The rock with the shell embedded in it was handed to me by Harry when we were on a beach on a family trip to New Zealand a couple of years back.  The flat stone sitting in front of it I found recently on a beach at Coffs Harbour when Olivia and I were on our Sydney Road Trip.  The little still life oil painting I found in a market in Paris when I visited there with some friends a couple of years ago and the pretty fresh flowers were picked from my garden over the weekend and include my first 4 poppies for this season.

Every single item on that chest of drawers is a piece of treasure which I cherish.  I didn't just buy these things to fill the top of my chest.  That's not what it's about.  I have collected these things and every piece holds a very special memory. 

xx
Anna

No comments:

Post a Comment