Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Something Special


In 1968 I wasn't even born but at this time my mother who was 13 years old was already collecting magazine tear sheets of her favourite rooms and houses. I was completely dumb founded recently when, in this month's anniversary edition of Australian Vogue Living a small picture of a room featured in 1968 triggered my memory. I was certain my mother had that exact same picture in her file of favourite tear sheets. I couldn't believe it!! I immediately called my mum and told her and she was just so excited. She pulled out the old picture she had stored away that night (torn edges and a bit yellow with age) but it was the one. How wonderful is that? These are the sorts of things which make life interesting.
It is just so lovely to have a passion for something and I know so many of you out there share the same love for design as I do and as my mum does. But I must say also that it is so wonderful to share an interest with your mum. I often think that she really has had such a huge impact on my style and my love for design and beautiful things. Thanks mum for sharing your creativity with me and for being such a huge and wonderful influence in my life. I know I wouldn't be what I am today without you!!


The above original tear sheet was taken from House & Garden Spring 1968 and was recently featured in Australian Vogue Living as an image which they had used in Vogue Living around the same time.

No comments:

Post a Comment