Tuesday, April 10, 2012

My Little Adventure



I will admit that I am a scaredy-cat.  I have never broken a bone which is an obvious sign that I don't take many risks.  I worry about things and I usually sit, wait, ponder and think about every single for and against before I embark upon anything.  Some would say that it's good to be well-informed before making a decision or embarking on an adventure.  Others would say stop procrastinating and JUST DO IT. 

Well, this year I have been trying to do more things which I am scared of without too much thought and procrastination.  One such off-the-cuff adventure I embarked upon over the weekend was walking from our cottage at Point Lookout all the way along Flinders Beach to my parent's cottage at Amity Point.  This may not be such a big thing for some but I have always thought it was such a long distance and yesterday without any thought what-so-ever I did it. 

It took me just under 2 hours of fast-paced walking {with a couple of climbs up the head-height sandbank because of the high tide} and let me tell you it was fabulous.  It was such a beautiful day and I loved every single minute of it.  I can't wait to do it again and actually I think I will walk back again next time.

It really is amazing how great you feel when you do JUST DO IT.  I didn't think I would make it and  in the past I always said to myself that it is too far.  But in actual fact it's not too far at all.  It was just that I kept on making excuses.

My little adventure is proof that you can do anything if you just get out of your safe place and take the first step!! 

xx
Anna 

PS - This was not meant to sound like an ad for NIKE!!  I just wanted to share this positive story with you for the start of the working week!!xx

image - via pretty stuff tumblr

No comments:

Post a Comment