Friday, October 26, 2007

Redecorating Mum & Dad's House








Over the last couple of months I have been helping my mother redecorate our family home. Now that it is mostly just mum and dad living in the house they felt it was time to redecorate and give the house a fresh new look. We incorporated all of their old Antique pieces and mostly just recovered and added new cushions and new lampshades throughout. We have just finished the lounge room so I thought I'd show you some pictures of the completed room. My parent's Golden Retriever, Gus seems to be completely at home leaning against their new white slip covered sofas - a very scary concept!! My mum wanted a very simple yet elegant look in this room and her love of blue and white was certainly something we had to consider so we opted for white slip covered sofas with her 2 French chairs recovered in a beautiful Ralph Lauren bulky patterned navy and white linen and cushions made in some old blue and white batik which mum bought overseas a few years ago. I have to say the chairs are SO beautiful and the room does look very elegant and refined. I'll post more images of the rest of the house as the project takes shape over the next few weeks so stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment