Monday, May 7, 2012

Memories



Today, on one of my long, soul-cleansing walks, I walked past our old family home and snapped this picture of it.  I believe it was here at this lovely old house that I began to learn everything I know today about creating a beautiful home. 

I remember endless days spent as a young girl playing in mum's pretty cottage garden which was at the back of the house.  She grew sweat peas, daisies, roses and all sorts of beautiful flowering things in that magical garden.  Much to my mother's dismay, I would often set up a flower stall right there on the front footpath with my friend from next door.  We would do a roaring trade selling mum's flowers.  These days I can hardly believe that I would have done such a thing. 

The house hasn't really changed since we lived there, even the colour is the same.  Every time I drive or walk past it I am flooded with happy memories of those wonderful, carefree days.

I am thrilled to say that my wallpaper collection for Porters Paints, which we are launching at Black & Spiro in a couple of weeks time, was inspired by my days playing in the garden as a little girl at this lovely old house.  I feel so lucky to have lived in such a pretty house with that wonderful garden.  I know that my time there has inspired so many thing in my life. 

xx
Anna

No comments:

Post a Comment